Rights and Recourses

Any person may seek recourse against a professional if that person believes that the professional:

  • Has shown incompetence, negligence or a lack of integrity in his or her dealings with that person;
  • Has failed in his or her professional obligations.

If the situation warrants, it is possible to pursue these three types of recourse against a professional:

  1. Disciplinary recourse;
  2. Recourse regarding fees;
  3. Judicial recourse.

To learn more about the outline of a recourse, we invite you to visit the site of the Office des professions du Québec (OPQ). The same processes apply for cases relevant to the Ordre des chimistes du Québec.

Process for a complaint or recourse with the OCQ

After having received the complaint and the relevant documents, the Syndic decides if there are grounds for an investigation. If the complaint is found to be justified, it must go before the disciplinary council.

Whether it is a disciplinary matter, a complaint regarding fees, or judiciary recourse, any complaint is put through a rigorous process. In all cases, the Syndic informs the plaintiff in writing of the decision and the process of the complaint.

For more information, or to make a complaint, contact Claude Chartrand, Syndic, at 514-844-3644, ext 28, or at voice mail 84. You can also write to him at syndic@ocq.qc.ca.